The Union of priests of saint Thérèse celebrating its 80th anniversary !
Thérèse Martin (1873-1897) entered Carmel in Lisieux to pray for priests, to give her life for them and for sinners. Having become a saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face in 1925, she shone throughout the world, as a thaumaturge and a spiritual mistress. In 1927 she was declared by Pius XI patroness of the universal missions just as Saint Fraçois-Xavier. During her life time she supported a seminarist Maurice Bellière as would a little sister and a priest Adolphe Roulland, to whom she proposed her little way of confidence and of love.
After her death, thousands of priests around the world confided their minister to her and a number of them owe her their vocation.
From 1929, the Union of priests of saint Thérèse of Lisieux gathered priests from all around the world who continue on their way with the Carmelite, give themselves and their ministry to her.
The message of Thérèse and her intercession are open to the future. The priests and deacons can confide in “the greatest saint of modern times” (Saint Pius X), their “little sister” to be witnesses of the Good News in the today’s world.
This has been the aim of the Union of priests of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux for the last 80 years.
How does it work ?
The orientations and statutes of this Union can be asked for at the Sanctuary in Lisieux. A “letter for Priests”, link with the family of the Union, is sent to all members four times a year, by post or electronic mail. This letter is published in French, English, Spanish and Italian. The members of the Union have their heart set on perfecting their knowledge on the life and the message of St. Thérèse, by studying her writings which are now accessible in recent editions.
since 2008, it is suggested that members of the Union of priests discover the priests who were in the life of Thérèse. Some published :
- l’abbé Maurice Révérony, a lovely priestly figure
- l’abbé Lucien Dumaine, 1st priest in the life of Thérèse
- l’abbé Delatroëtte
- l’abbé Charles Marie
- l’abbé Domin, confessor and disciple of Thérèse
Members of the Union of priests throughout the world
- France Aisnes, Alpes de Haute-Provence, Alpes-Maritimes, Ardèche, Aube, Aude, Ouches-du-Rhône, Calvados, Cantal, Charente, Charente-Maritime, Côtes d’Armor, Doubs, Drôme, Eure-et-Loire, Finistère, Gard, Gers, Hérault, Ille-et-Vilaine, Indre, Indre-et-Loire, Isère, Loir-et-Cher, Loire-Atlantique, Loiret, Lot, Lot-et-Garonne, Lozère, Maine-et-Loire, Manche, Marne, Mayenne, Meuse, Morbihan, Moselle, Nord, Oise, Orne, Pas-de-Calais, Pyrénées-Atlantiques, Hautes-Pyrénées, Bas-Rhin, Haut-Rhin, Rhône, Haute-Saône, Sarthe, Savoie, Haute-Savoie, Seine, Seine-Maritime, Yvelines, Deux-Sèvres, Somme, Tarn-et-Garonne, Var, Vaucluse, Vendée, Hauts-de-Seine, Val d’Oise, La Réunion
- Europe Germany, Belgium, Croatia, Spain, Great Britain, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Malta, Poland, Romania, Switzerland, Czech Republic.
- Africa South Africa, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Malawi, Nigeria, Congo Republic, Madagascar, Thad, Togo, Zambia
- Asia India, Lebanon, Malaysia, Philippines, Taiwan, Vietnam
- America Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, United States of America, Guatemala, Haiti, Peru, Saint-Dominguez
- Oceania Australia