The town (95km south of Lisieux) conserves two very important places from the childhood of Thérèse.
- The house of her birth where she was born on 2nd January 1873
- Notre Dame Church which conserves the baptistery where she was baptised on 4th January 1873.
Following Madame Martin’s death, Mr. Martin and his daughters left Alençon to settle in Lisieux.
N.B. : the family house is closed until May 2009
Opening times of the family house :
- From 1st October to 31st May
- 9h30 - 12h00 / 14h30 - 17h00
- Closed on Tuesday
- From 1st June to 30 September
- 9h00 - 12h00 / 14h00-18h00
- every day
50 rue Saint Blaise
Tel : 02 33 56 09 87
fax : 02 33 56 09 87